To schedule your pet for Spay/Neuter services:
Please call (864) 223-2498. Calls will be returned Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
Instructions for those who have a spay/neuter transport appointment scheduled:
- Contain your pet the night before surgery, no food after midnight, water is allowed.
- Bring your pet to the HSOG Spay/Neuter Clinic at 6:30 a.m. the morning of your transport appointment.
- Cats are to be in hard plastic carriers and dogs on leashes.
- Your payment is due in full the morning of surgery. CASH ONLY (cards and checks will not be accepted).
- Bring proof of current vaccinations, if pet is not getting them at the time of surgery.
- Your pets pick up time at the HSOG Spay/Neuter Clinic will be given to you in the morning when you check your pet in. Normal pick up is between 5:00 pm and 5:30pm . We recommend arriving no earlier than 4:45p.
- After care instructions will be provided at the time of pick-up if you do not receive them in the morning.
Basic After Care Instructions
- Indoors for 7-10 days – cats indoors period, dogs leash-walked.
- Restrict their activity as much as possible.
- Check incision when you get home – today is normal.
- Look at incision a couple times a day over the next 7-10 days – for signs of infection (redness, swelling, drainage).
- Incisions are held together with sutures under the skin that dissolve on their own over the next 4 months. On the surface is a skin glue that dissolves over the next 7-10 days. Please keep skin dry.
- No bathing, licking, swimming or puddles.
- Please feed your pet their normal diet for the next 24 hours.
- We strongly recommend you take your pet to your regular vet for a post-op exam in 7-10 days.
- If there are any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, call Animal Allies Clinic office at 864-576-6971. After hours and weekends call 864-205-5229 If no answer leave a message with your phone number including area code.